Monday, March 5, 2012

Not Being There

So there is a downside to a job that takes over you life after all. I realize it now.

I lose time for my friends.

Friends who need me to just be the listening ear or the shoulder to cry on. Friends who just want to hang out and laugh out loud for no reason whatsoever. Friends who turn to up unexpectedly to gain a bit of happy comfort...

I used to be able to do all that for my friends; used to be the girl everyone could talk to, could count on for a good, idiotic laugh, for just plain no-brainer fun...

Now, I'm not.

I couldn't even give a few minutes of my time to Lisa last Friday. Just a few minutes of catching up and checking on how things are going...

I'm such a lousy friend. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)