Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I love the beach

I mean, how on earth could you not love THAT! Perfectly blue water. Eternally bright sunshine. Comfortably warm sand. Rhymic sound of the waves. Locals who treat you like family, even though you just met two seconds ago.

I just came from a quick trip to what I consider to be my 2nd home, Lola Nanny's Surf Retreat in (Urbiztondo) San Juan, La Union. And it was exactly the kind of trip needed to re-energize, revitalize and rejuvenate myself. I've been feeling down and out lately at work, and being away from the hassles of city life cleared my mind like that (snap here!).

The beach is my home. I belong near the water, with people who love the water as much as I do, with friends and family who don't think roasting under the sun is a total waste of time. So here are my two options: 1) GO GO GO pursue my dream of studying in Goldcoast, Australia and after getting my MBA, be hired as Island Caretaker of the Great Barrier Reef (ergo work for Aussie Tourism) or 2) FIND WORK IN L.U. Seriously, I could do the voice over jobs there! I'll host! I'll hard sell anything!

I hate it that I have to keep coming back to the city to earn a living. There HAS to be a way to make this work and I be eternally happy beside salt water. What if I simply got lost?!? People get lost all the time! I could be just another casualty! EGADS, LOOK AT THAT PICTURE! Dagat, I love you. You will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)