Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Honestly Grateful

Despite all the fuss, mush and hullabaloo, 2011 has been a pretty good year.

Hiked Batad. Revisited Cebu and discovered the Golden Oreo there (among many other things). Roughed it out in some island in Quezon with the best girlfriends in the world. Flew out to Bacolod for the first time, and ate and ate and ate. And traveled out of the country (KOTA!).

Reconnected with old friends and made new ones. Realized some things really aren't meant for me while others just feel like  home. Celebrated my 1st year of running with a half-mary. Started yoga on a (semi) regular basis, and loving every session of it. Still somehow writing given the near lifeless situation of the workload. Quit that one vice I was unable to give up for how long, though granted I slip up sometimes...  (ahihi!) Found love in a Dot. A sour dot. A box of sour dots. Five boxes per purchase actually, but who's counting! (Gourdo's broke my heart when they decided to stop selling food stuffs in their stores, ergo obliterating their distribution of Dots Sour Slices. I swear to love the man who give these back to me eternally.)

Family's still in one piece. Friends from abroad came home and some lost in translation have been found. A cousin got married and she was a beautiful bride. A good friend also announced her engagement and I'm gonna be a bridesmaid! My Ninang from Australia also came home this year and spent her Manila days with her hubby in our house. The dogs had the time of their lives running after their toys every morning in their playtime with Uncle Mike.

I saw a sting ray this year in the shallow reefs of Pulau Mamutik, was attacked by wild fishies in Pulau Gaya and discovered THE BEST green mango concoction on the base of Mt. Kinabalu. My book collection just keeps of growing (The Hunger Games being the latest addition), likewise the bikinis and shoes. I discovered PAYLESS IN MANILA this year, and thought I was in heaven because I nearly died with happiness. Also bought myself  proper snorkeling gear, in PINK!

Looking back, 2011 wasn't just a good year. It was great. And I think 2012 might just be greater. So here's the the future and looking forward to the grand year ahead. If it really will be the last one, let's run through it like wildfire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)