Friday, May 27, 2011

"Captain, I wish to report a mutiny.

I can name fingers and point names."
... And understandably so. Hell, if I were faced with an angry Blackbeard, I would've boot-scooted every other ass I could pass the blame on to, too. So (Captain) Jack Sparrow's reaction, nay, "instinct" is but necessary and done only rightly so in my humble opinion.

Plus it was hilariously apropos to the severity of the situation left hanging (pardon the pun, dear POTC fans.)  ;)

Seriously though, I think the new leg of The Pirates series started off excellently. Dark agenda resonated throughout the film, counterbalanced by flamboyant comedy of (Captain) Jack Sparrow. And the fact that only Johnny Depp can make thick man-shadows hot ain't a bad addition either.

I was lucky enough to catch POTC: On Stranger Tides on the big screen on its first weekend. Best of all, I got to watch alongside the people who share my humor: my siblings! If there's one thing that really ties the four of us together, its how we find the funny in the teeniest bit of action. We laugh at everything... even when they're not really meant to be funny (case in point: when stalactite fell on pirate extra. F-U-N-N-Y!!!!).

What's even better though, is that we all laugh at witty dialogue! If you've ever watched a movie and heard annoying snickering that no one else joins, you probably watched the movie with one of us in the theater. Lines like, "Captain, I wish to report a mutiny." uttered by (Captain) Jack himself, drive us up the wall! So we're mababaw. Who cares?!? At least I know I left the movie house brimming with endorphins.

I highly recommend On Stranger Tides to everyone. The new adventure of (Captain) Jack has just begun and I look forward to his reunion with the Pearl. Now, I'm off to download the extended versions of the first trilogy so I can appease my pirate hangover.

P.S.
Great ending. ;)

P.P.S.
Li'l brother libres ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)