Friday, February 10, 2012

Anak

We're not the most touchy-feely lovey dovey family in the world. Far from it. Our household tends to segment into the different lives of its members; and since none of us are like to pop out anecdotes of the day during dinner, we often don't know what's going on in each others' lives.

However, we do have those rare moments when we do show each other a tinge of paglalambing... it's when Achi and I bond over an Incubus song on the Magic Mic; or when Marty gears into action to help my mom carry her bags; or when I'm stuck with work and my dad's concerned. That's when he calls me by my favorite term of endearment.


"Anak, late na. Anong oras ka uuwi?"


"Malapit ako sa office mo, Anak. Gusto mong daanan na kita dyan?"


"Tulog na, Anak. Bukas mo na gawin yan."

I guess that's the upside of having a job that takes over your life. You get to hear your dad call you anak more often. When he calls me that, a happy warmth just crawls all over that I just want to share the love and hug someone. It's the kind of feeling that makes you go, "Awww."

And the one that makes you realize you need to sometimes blatantly tell them that you love them.

Papa, I love you.

Mama, I love you.

:)

Happy Love Week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)