Sunday, October 10, 2010

And The Long Haul Begins

I ran my first 10-kilometer race today. Although the race organizers completely messed up the finish (in my opinion), I timed myself at approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes. Still on my 10 minutes per kilometer mark, although I'm quite certain if the race wasn't as crowded as it was, I would've finished earlier. My fear of crowds and being brushed by the sweaty arms of strangers forced me to slow my pace to avoid getting possible foot-and-mouth disease contamination. (Okay, okay, I'm judgmental. Sorry.)

Despite the horrors of over crowding and the useless rowdy wannabees, 10.10.10 Run For Ilog Pasig was still a good run. Ten kilometers wasn't so bad! I was superbly nervous about it. I've been doubting my capability of finishing the distance, especially since I haven't really done any serious training. My last run before today was a week ago, and it wasn't even a real run. I mostly just walked around my old college campus. So, yeah, I felt very ill prepared for today's 10k.

And I finished! Double digit distance, baby! From here on out, the distances will only get longer. 10k in the bag. Half-mary is up next in 2010. Then full marathon in 2011 1st quarter. Wow! What mighty ambition you have, little girl. The better to live strong with!

Tired, spent but unbelievably happy. This is day one of the real long haul. Nowhere to go but up from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)