Friday, October 15, 2010

Let's Twist Again

McDonald's online ad on the Yahoo's News page got me today.It was a simple enough ad with a dancing Large Fries posing the question "What's up with your fave fries?" Good question. Because the McDo french fries really are my favorite. Ergo, li'l Miss Curious Me clicked find out.

And happy news, the Twister Fries are back! I love those squiggly potato things. They're what I consider to be gourmet (Haha! Yes, I'm shallow like that) and the fact that they're only available for limited periods of time make them oh-so-much-more mouth-watering.

Plus, how this particular ad was executed is flawless for me. It was simple, unobstrusive, it caused a cute clutter on my monitor, with pieces of dancing twister fries all around, but only for a short period of time. It was just enough to capture my attention, give me the urge to write this blog entry and have an imaginary post-it stuck to my head to buy twister fries later for lunch. So fun!

I've never been one to be interested in online ads. I hate those things on bottom of Yahoo Messenger that blow up if you simply scroll over them. This ad of McDo is clean-cut and simple. Only the people who really want to know "What's up with the fries?" will be the ones to click on the link. And, get a happy answer at the end of it.

Goo'job, McDo Ad Team, whoever you are. Your execution tells me good marketing still abound in our mundane society. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)