Monday, July 19, 2010

As we wait in joyful hope

One time, a priest's homily focused on a single yet powerful line in the body of the Liturgy of the Eucharist.

"As we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ."

(then we reply, "For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours, now and forever.")

This stuck with me. It's been more than two weeks since that sermon but I still go back to it every now and then.

There's something about waiting that never appealed to me before. I hate the idea of waiting, and of making other people wait for me, ergo I'm either the person who is always on time (or earlier) or the one always spot-on-the-money on where I am and how soon I'd be at my destination.

But these simple words, wait in joyful hope, tells me there are things worth waiting for: Salvation, love, happiness, gratitude, release.

Admittedly, I'm not the most patient person in the world but there are two things in my life right now that I think are worth the wait. One is work, and the other is the possibility of not being alone. It must be noted, however, that my waiting is not an idiotic let's-sit-and-see game. I'm taking control in my own way but at the same time, patiently awaiting what unfolds next.

I've never been like this before. True that I could be waiting for nothing here, but it's a risk I am openly willing to take. Whatever comes of these two things will be what they are and I gladly anticipate the result of whatsoever may come out of it. No regrets.

Here's to things worth waiting in joyful hope for. May you have yours soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)