Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

These are a few of my (new) favorite things...

Mentos' Yoghurt Chewy Dragees. Saw them displayed in the grocery counter one day and thought I'd try them out. Now, I simply can't get enough of 'em! As much as I'd love it to be my bag-staple, when I buy a "bottle" (for lack of a better word), it normally doesn't even last thru the day. *Sigh*

Yeah, yeah... shut up about the calories. They're addictive! I can't help it. Like this piece in the photo, bought it last night and it's already half empty. HALF EMPTY!!! I need a never ending supply of this!

Upwords. It's like Scrabble with a twist. This was a surprise discovery at the month-long sale of Hobbes and Landes, and now my colleagues and I are hooked on it. We play a round or two every lunchbreak. There's something about the ability to change-up the words on the board with one fell swoop that's so empowering!

I used to suck at Upwords. But yesterday, I won both rounds played! Woohoo! Watch out, Trins, Aids and Juds, I'm getting good at this!

Although many favorite things are childhood nostalgic and vintage, I think raving about the new is as good a practice. Favorite things can always be stuff like the Sound of Music and old Marvel Comics but exploring the new stuff also broadens your horizon, allows you to try out the new and push out of your comfort zone.

Think about it, what are your new favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)