Saturday, September 25, 2010

This Blog Post...

... is brought to you by Bo's Coffee (High Street) and the letter Zzzzz...

Yes darlings, I'm sleepy as a bear in winter but I'm forcing myself awake for the race registration the TBR Dream Marathon.

WAKE UP!

It's two cups of strong brewed coffe later, a few chapters of The Art of Racing in the Rain, and I'm bored to near death! I hate waiting! This is not fun... huhuhu... (Ay, naiyak na lang?!)

But I am seriously wondering... How did I get here? In a matter of minutes, I will be sealing the deal and making the commitment to do this. To this promise to run and be a marathoner. Ah, I swear, it's too beautiful to say a loud. I haven't said it aloud yet, the actual act of referring to myself as a marathoner. I've typed it up many times... on FB, YM, here... But to say it is ... Scary! Scares the daylights out of me. Why am I doing this again?

Seriously, I wonder what possessed me to sign up for this. I'm not athletic, not at all in good shape, I stress-oreƱa-drillon too dang much, yet still here I am, waiting my turn to bloodpact my Death [on] March. Still scared. Did I really think this thru enough? I don't want a life-defining moment to be defined by a whim!

But I'm here. This is it. And I'm going thru this. Seeing this thru to the frikkin' end! (Peptalk much?)

One hour and twelve minutes to go... Good luck, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me. Let's talk about you for a minute. :)